Sonntag, 12. Februar 2012

Java Slick game development - 64 bit problems

When setting up my project and writing the simple basic application Slick crashed on me with an error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Drones\lib\lwjgl.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

I'm running Windows 7 on a 64 bit system and I have the 64 bit Java VM installed. You will not see this error if you are running the 32 bit version of Java on your 64 bit system.

To solve this problem I had to download the current version of LWJGL from their site and copy the windows DLLs and the lwjgl.jar that is included in the download into my project lib directory. This will replace the lwjgl.jar that came with the Slick distribution.

So now my project looks like this in the project explorer:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen